Getting Help in Alberta

Here are a number of centralized information hubs where you can get specific information about support services.

Getting Help in Alberta Back to Top


2-1-1 is a method to access comprehensive Alberta-wide information on social services

To access, dial 2-1-1 and speak directly to an Information and Referral Specialist, who can help you find what you need.  Or, browse the directory on their website.

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Service's website includes listings of facilities, programs and services. 

To access, dial 8-1-1 to reach Health Link, which offers health advice directly from health professionals. Or, browse the AHS website.

Getting Help in Calgary Back to Top


SORCe is a resource centre for information about supports and services for people experiencing poverty and homelessness in Calgary.

To access, visit SORCe at 316-7 Avenue SE (on the platform at the City Hall LRT station). Or, call 403-428-3300 to speak to someone directly.