Paying for your home modifications can be challenging. Renovations are often done in stages and may be funded from more than one source. In addition to using your own money, you can tap other key sources, including governments, charities and insurance. It also may be helpful to connect with an organization focused on your condition. In some cases, various clubs (e.g. Lions, Kinsmen) and church communities may consider funding requests from local residents or church members.
Use the links below to learn more about some sources of funding for construction-based modifications and renovations. Note: The information is kept as up-to-date as possible, but each funding organization’s website should be reviewed for exact details and the most current information.
- Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP)
- Easter Seals Alberta Equipment Program
- Ceridian Cares
- Veterans Independence Program
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living (assistive devices)
- Seniors Home Adaptation and Repair Program (SHARP)
- Alberta Easter Seals Give a Kid A Lift Program
- President’s Choice Children’s Charity
- Muscular Dystrophy Equipment Program
- Muscular Dystrophy Safeway Mobility Grant
- Cerebral Palsy Association of Alberta Funding Request
- Calgary Cerebral Palsy Association
Questions? Contact our RAD Renovations program for assistance on applying for funding